Many are interested to know how to potentiate kratom and make its effects last longer. This isn’t surprising considering the many medicinal benefits kratom offers. Fortunately, there are different ways on how to do this. Read on below to learn more about Potentiate Kratom.
Potentiate Kratom | A Comprehensive Guide
How Do Potentiators Work
— Red-Headed Stepchild (@DuffeeJeni) December 30, 2016
The goal of potentiating kratom is to make its effect stronger, more potent, and longer-lasting. There are different potentiators that may help users. In general, these potentiators work by slowing down the metabolism, specifically the cytochrome P450 enzyme. When this enzyme slows down, it will then make the breakdown and distribution of kratom alkaloids slower, which in turn makes kratom more potent and longer-lasting.
Natural Foods to Potentiate Kratom
The great thing about potentiating kratom is it’s not difficult to achieve. In fact, you may easily do this with the help of different natural foods you’ll typically find in your kitchen. This list provides the most common natural foods to potentiate kratom:
- Watercress – Because of the varying powerful minerals available in this succulent plant, it has been reported that this leafy green may strongly potentiate kratom.
- Grapefruit juice – This is a favorite add-on for people taking kratom. They either combine this juice together with kratom to alleviate its bitter taste, or use it as a “chaser.” Little do they know that it also acts as a potentiator. Aside from the juice, some also say the grapefruit peels may also help achieve the same result.
- Turmeric – This Indian spice the most efficient potentiator. When mixed with kratom, many said it significantly boosts kratom’s effects while making it last longer.
- Cayenne pepper – While this spice is known for its cleansing and detoxifying effect, this type of pepper may also help boost the medicinal benefits of kratom. Usually, cayenne pepper is mixed directly with dry kratom powder.
Potentiate Kratom With Teas and Supplements
Aside from natural foods, you may also potentiate kratom with the help of teas and supplements. With teas, it doesn’t only help with the bitter taste of the herbal medicine but also help potentiate kratom’s effects. For people taking red vein kratom strains, passion flower and chamomile teas are said to help with kratom’s soothing effects. On the other hand, yerba mate is a perfect match for people taking green or white strains.
Here are three popular supplements to potentiate kratom:
- Caffeine – Interestingly, some people use kratom as a replacement for coffee. However, coffee is also a good kratom potentiator. With coffee, one can easily reduce the sedating effects of some kratom strains.
- Valerian – If combined with kratom, this root can boost the soothing and relaxing effects of various kratom strains.
- Cat’s claw – This contains some alkaloids found in kratom. If taken with kratom, it will boost kratom’s duration and potency.
These are some helpful ways on how to potentiate kratom. One thing to remember is each potentiator works differently with certain kratom strains. For example, if you want to achieve kratom’s sedating effects, it’s not a good idea to mix it with caffeine. It’s best to do some research first on each potentiator’s effect on kratom before taking them.
What kratom potentiator are you using? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Disclaimer: As with any natural remedy, please use discretion on the amount and frequency as it can have adverse effects. You can find our full disclaimer here.